Sunday, 20 January 2008

25 Dec 07 - Lugano Day 2 (Morcote)

I awoke the next morning feeling really lousy, with the nauseating feeling still haunting me but I didn't wanna spend my time in Lugano in the hostel, so I dragged myself out nonetheless.

The itinerary for today was a visit to Morcote (more-coat-ay), a tiny village 10km from Lugano, known as 'The Pearl of the Ceresio'. There was hardly a soul in sight for it was Xmas day.

The village was full of charm, with ancient monuments and houses built high up on the hill, overlooking Lake Lugano. It was a real pity that the nausea kept increasing in intensity, such that I had to stop every few metres.

Bienvenuto a Morcote:






Finally after less than 2 hours in the village, I couldn't take it anymore so I returned to the hostel to rest. Climbing up the steep street to get to our hostel was a hellish experience, in the bad shape that I was in and upon reaching the top of the street, out came the barf.

Bad, bad day. But if I had the chance to return, I'd visit Morcote during summer, when Parco Sherrer will be opened and then walk to Vico Morcote, a smaller village 20 minutes from Morcote.

No comments: