Thursday, 28 February 2008

18 Jan 08 - Des réflexions

I'm seriously gonna miss the place I've called home for the past 5 months beaucoup.
Vraiment beaucoup.


The beautiful melody of the french language,
the picture-perfect surroundings,
having a base to explore the ever-intriguing continent of Europe,
grocery-shopping at Géant (yep, it's our therapeutic weekly or bi-weekly activity hehe),
speaking with the neighbours in the kitchen every evening,
criticising the food at the RUs (restaurants universitaires) and rejoicing when it's the day for mussels and fries or salmon,
taking the tram from les taillées to l'hôpital where you get lost in the beauty of the river Isère and the mountains before you,
watching a fashion show when I go to school everyday,
seeing squirrels and birds in the bare-branched trees outside my window...

I'll miss all these and so much more, of the little day-to-day activities, too trivial to describe.

As I have told many of my friends, enrolling in this SEP is one of the best decisions I've made in my life and one of which I'll be speaking about to my kids and grandkids (if I ever have any) =)

Cela est exactement Le Goût de La Vie.

2 comments:

tutu said...

It's a honor to read that you like french language. I would like to thank you for the time we spent together in France with lynn and others Singaporeans. bye,bye.

Michelle said...

goh sin tub! i dono if u still visit yr blog.. but my exchange is ending soon and im SAD TO THE MAX ): ): ):